In my 34 years I have:
- had the privilege to work in a school for 12 years
- been named TCEA Teacher of the Year
- been named NSBA 20 Educators to Watch
- been named Elliott Teacher of the Year
- been named Irving ATPE Teacher of the year
- been named Region 10 ATPE Teacher of the year
- attend various conferences
- Co-Host for 2 podcsasts (Stocktalk and EdTech Chat n Chew)
- received my masters in Educational Technology
- married a wonderful man who keeps me on my toes
- have 2 great dogs
- have the most amazing family
- have some amazing friends
- member of various Professional Learning Organizations
this list could go on forever. I think that sometimes when we are done we forget to remind ourselves of the things that we have accomplished and survived during our life.
But then as I write this blog.. I have the fear. I am so thankful for everything that I have.. but I so want more (I know that sounds needy)
This year my word is Balance. I wrote about it over here.
I have been spending a ton of time on the trail this year (goal is #500in2014) I am almost at 30 miles for this month!
I have already noticed a small difference in my body. I am able to go for longer periods, my body is slimming down again (yay for losing weight and not paying a gym to do it!), and my brain enjoys the break. But on the days that the weather is lovely.. the days that I get on the trail to get away and work on BALANCE are sometimes the hardest days to push myself and be motivated. I know that those are the days that when I get on the trail there are going to be parents walking with their children in a stroller, the moms riding their bikes with their little girls, the picnics that happen along the way. I am turning 34.. and my fear of never becoming a mother gets a little larger every day. But, that is why I began this blog with a reminder of the great things I have accomplished. On a side note, I do not write these blogs for sympathy.. I really do love every bit of my life! As a person going through infertility.. sometimes it is helpful to get it on "paper" and connect with others on the journey.
Wonder what this year will bring!